Items and Services
Dawn is always in need of items for our emergency shelter and to offer support to domestic violence survivors and their families just starting out on their own. Below is our shelter and program wish list. Some of the items are offered to our families as they leave to help them get established in their new housing.
What Dawn Accepts
- Gift Cards: retail, gas and grocery store cards ($25 increments or smaller)
- New women’s undergarments all sizes
- School Supplies (backpacks, notebooks, 3-ring binders, pens, pencils, etc.)
- New children’s undergarments and pajamas
- Prepaid cell phone minutes/cards
- Diapers (all sizes, especially 4, 5 and 6), baby wipes
- Reusable grocery/shopping bags
- New or gently used silverware, plates and kitchen items for our shelter
- New bath towels
- New sheets, pillow cases and blankets (twin size)
- New pillows
- Portable cribs
- Baby monitors
- Gently used cell phones
- Cars, truck, Rv and boats
At this time we are not accepting donations of used clothing.
For more information about making a donation, contact the Development Department.
Recycle Used Phones
The cell phone recycling program is a wonderful way to recycle old and unused cell phones. Donated phones are turned into cash to support programs and services for domestic violence survivors and their families.
Before you donate your cell phone(s), erase any stored information, including your contact list, text messages and listing of incoming/outgoing numbers. Most cell phones use a “master reset” to delete information quickly and easily. Also, verify that your account has been cancelled with your service provider.
You can drop off your used cell phone(s) at most local Police Stations or at Dawn offices at 221 West Gowe Street, Kent, WA.
If you have a skill or service you would like to offer, please contact the Development Department to discuss. Hair cuts, family photography and tutoring are just a few examples of the most frequent requests.
If you need assistance with the donation process please email or call the Development Department at 253-893-1608.
More donation opportunities:
Dawn is an organization exempt from taxation under Internal Revenue Code section 501(a) as an organization described in section 501(c)(3). As such, your contribution is tax deductible, subject to a number of restrictions. Our EIN is 91-1176122.