Leave a Legacy
Dawn received an unexpected estate gift. That gift was carefully stewarded by the Board of Directors who had their eye on the longer view. In 2016, a portion of that gift became the down payment that allowed Dawn to purchase a building in downtown Kent. Dawn’s new home, The Center for Peaceful Communities, brought our life-saving services within easy reach of our clients surrounded by our partner agencies.
What is Legacy Giving?
Legacy giving comes in many forms. These gifts can come from an estate, bequest or other tax planning vehicle allowing the donor to make an even greater impact on those organizations they most value. If you would like to inquire about estate gifts please contact our Development Director or your personal financial planner.
How can I make a Legacy Gift?
For most, an estate gift will be the single largest charitable donation of one’s lifetime. Legacy gifts can be made as a simple inclusion in one’s will or as part of a financial tax strategy with guidance from your financial planner.
- Bequests – More than 80% of all estate gifts are made by bequest through a will or living trust.
- Annuities and Life Insurance – usually require completing a change-of-beneficiary.
- IRA – Retirement plan assets face double taxation when left to individuals; charities are tax-exempt.
- Real Estate – Dawn accepts the proceeds from the sale of tangible or real property.
- Gifts of Stock. It’s easy to transfer stock to a charity. Here is the information you will need to share with your broker.
Robert W. Baird & Co.
The Crosta Group
PLEASE NOTE: Stock transfers are anonymous. Please contact Dawn to advise of the transfer including your name, type of stock and number of shared.
Legacy gifts typically provide financial benefits such as bypass of capital gains tax or charitable income and/or estate tax deductions. Remembering Dawn in your estate planning will make a profound difference today and leave a lasting legacy.
Dawn’s tax identification number is: 91-1176122
Dawn’s date of Incorporation: June 7, 1982
If you have named Dawn in your estate plans, please contact our executive director, Peg Coleman, so we may recognize you as a part of our Legacy donors.
If you need assistance with the donation process please email or call the Development Department at 253-893-1608.
More donation opportunities: