Items and Services
Dawn is always in need of items for our emergency shelter and to offer support to domestic violence survivors and their families just starting out on their own. Below is our shelter and program wish list. Some of the items are offered to our families as they leave to help them get established in their new housing.
What Dawn Accepts
- Long distance calling cards, domestic and international
- Gift Cards: retail, gas and grocery store cards
- Journals and day planners
- Calendars (wall hanging and pocket or purse size)
- School Supplies (backpacks, notebooks, 3-4ing binders, pens, pencils, etc.)
- New children’s undergarments and pajamas
- Diapers (all sizes, especially 4, 5 and 6)
- Baby wipes
- New bath towels
- New sheets, pillow cases and blankets (full and twin size)
- New pillows
- Rain gear
- Jackets (adult and children)
- Alarm clocks
- Air mattresses
- Portable cribs
- Baby monitors
- Hair dryers and straight irons
- New sweats
- Gently used cell phones (link to next page)
- Cars, truck, Rv and boats (link to donate a car page)
For more information about making a donation, contact the Development Department.
Recycle Used Phones
The cell phone recycling program is a wonderful way to recycle old and unused cell phones. Donated phones are turned into cash to support programs and services for domestic violence survivors and their families.
Before you donate your cell phone(s), erase any stored information, including your contact list, text messages and listing of incoming/outgoing numbers. Most cell phones use a “master reset” to delete information quickly and easily. Also, verify that your account has been cancelled with your service provider.
You can drop off your used cell phone(s) at most local Police Stations or at Dawn offices at 221 West Gowe Street, Kent, WA.
If you have a skill or service you would like to offer, please contact the Development Department to discuss. Hair cuts, family photography and tutoring are just a few examples of the most frequent requests.
If you need assistance with the donation process please email or call the Development Department at 253-893-1608.
More donation opportunities: